Who We Are:
© 2023 Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, Masters in Psychotherapy, Licensed Professional Counselor
Our website address is https://mncounselingtherapy.com. Richard Chandler, MA, LPC owns this site. It is the website for MN Counseling Therapy, as the website of the private counseling and consulting practice owned by Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, doing business as MN Counseling Therapy.
What Personal Data We Collect
This website collects data from website visitors through Google Analytics and Google Search Console. This data does not include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your specific geographic location (It does track your country)
It does include:
- Your IP address
- The search queries that you typed into your browser leading you to specific pages on our website
- The pages on our website that you visited
We use no cookies on this website. We have no interest in doing so.
We have no contact forms. You may contact Richard Chandler by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org, texting or calling at 320-223-9481.
Emailing, Texting, Calling or Video Conferencing MN Counseling Therapy
Your contact information and everything you write via email or text, or anything that you say on the telephone will not be shared by Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MN Counseling Therapy, with anyone. It is confidential.
The only exception to complete confidentiality is if you email, text or verbally say something that indicates that you are at risk of harming yourself or another. In that case, as a Mandated Reporter for Minnesota, which is required as a Minnesota Licensed Professional Counselor, Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, must report the potential danger to whoever is appropriate to make a report. Government agencies, including child protection, law enforcement, or even your relatives may be contacted protect you as the client, to protect any individuals associated with you including family, friends or work associates or the general public.
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MN Counseling Therapy, will use your email address or phone number for the following purposes only:
- To answer your questions regarding counseling and consulting services so you may make an informed decision to use or not use our services.
- To schedule counseling and consulting sessions.
- To provide information for you that might be helpful to you as a potential client so you may make an informed decision to use or not use our services.
- To correspond with you, if you become a client, by email or text, or talk with you by telephone to serve you. Communication by electronic methods is minimal, as most information is exchanged in the counseling or consulting session itself.
- To set up online video conferencing sessions.
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MN Counseling Therapy uses CounSol.Com as His Practice Management System
The CounSol.Com System Is:
- HIPAA Compliant
- Used by thousands of mental health practitioners in the United States
The CounSol.Com System is Used to:
- Register your basic information such as your name, phone number and email address
- Show you our Confidentiality & Informed Consent agreement which, after reading through it, you digitally sign prior to becoming a client of Richard Chandler, MA, LPC
- Provide you with our intake forms for you to fill out
- Store all of the above information within your digital file with CounSol.Com
- Allow you to schedule, reschedule or cancel sessions
- Automatically remind you of upcoming appointments via email and text
- Generate invoices for your sessions
- Register your credit card information
- Provide the means for you to pay for your sessions
- Store the notes produced by Richard Chandler, MA, LPC after your session
Payment by Credit Card
- We collect no credit card data
- All confidential data, including credit card number, expiration dates, PINs, and the CVC Card Verification Code 3-digit number on the back of the card, are retained by our credit card service provider, CardConnect by CardPointe
- We can see the last 4 digits of your credit card and the kind of card it is, such as Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
- CounSol.Com does not have access to any other credit card information than the last 4 digits of your credit card and the kind of card it is, such as Mastercard, Visa or American Express. Only CardConnect by CardPointe has the remainder of your credit card information.
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MN Counseling Therapy, will not:
- Place you on a mailing list
- Contact you with offers of any kind
- Share your information with anyone
Emedded Video Content on YouTube.com
Pages on this website may include embedded content as YouTube.com videos that were produced by other people. Other than simply watching the videos, If you interact with those videos, such as by commenting on them or clicking links, the owner of that YouTube channel may collect data from you that you provide to them.
How We Protect Your Confidential Information
In addition to your treatment notes being stored on the CounSol.Com practice management system as shown above, our treatment notes are also stored on Richard Chandler's computer and backed up on encrypted hard drives.
We securely store your contact information within a cell phone dedicated to the private practice of Richard Chandler, MA, LPC. Text conversations that you have had are also stored on this cell phone.
Courses Created by Richard Chandler, MA, LPC
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, is currently creating educational courses on psychotherapy topics including Couples Communication and Anger Management. The courses:
- The courses are not intended for counseling clients, as therapy is superior to courses
- The courses will not be available on this website
- No financial benefit will be available for therapy clients who elect to take a course or for those who have taken a course to receive therapy